Ovarian Cancer Surgeon in Pune – Dr. Amol Dumbre
Ovarian Cancer in India among women of reproductive and growing age has become one of the general problems. It is one of the most common cancers which is affecting women. Meet Dr. Amol Dumdre is experience surgical oncologist. He has more than 10 years of the journey as a Cancer Specialist in Pune. He has done a fellowship in different cancer surgeries. He treated ovarian cancer patients with great success. To Know more about Ovarian cancer in Pune. Read below information.
What is Ovarian Cancer?
Ovarian cancer is the cancer of the ovaries (which produce eggs) which is situated above the womb associated by two fallopian tubes. There are three most important types of ovarian tumors:
- Epithelial tumors: Tumors that initiate from the cells that coated the outer surface of the ovary
- Germ cell tumors: These create from the cells that make eggs.
- Stromal tumors: They start from the cells that hold the ovaries together
Ovarian cancer is the 5th most common cancer in women after breast, lung, bowel and womb cancer.
What Are The Risk Factors of Ovarian Cancer?
The actual reason for the cancer is still not identified, but there are some factors that are found to increase the risk-
- Age: Like most cancers, one of the risk factors is growing age.
- Infertile: Women who are infertile i.e. who cannot conceive have a high risk of cancer growth.
- Family history: Around 1 in 10 cancers are due to inherited defective genes like BRCA1 and BRCA2. Also, if you have a family member with ovarian cancer or breast cancer, then the chance of you receiving the cancer increases.
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): A small percentage of ovarian cancer is related to HRT use.
- Overweight: According to research, if you are overweight you may have a high danger of cancer growth.
- Talcum powder: By Using talcum powder in between your legs may lead to annoyance causing inflammation and resulting into cancer. Though research is still going on in this field safety measures should be taken while using talcum powder.
What Are Symptoms And Signs of Ovarian Cancer?
Ovarian cancer symptoms can sometimes be vague and complicated to identify in the early stage. Hence, if any of the below-mentioned symptoms maintain for long, a doctor offering top Ovarian Cancer Treatment in Pune or anywhere should be consulted at the earliest
- Pain in the lower abdomen and back
- Constipation and feeling of tiredness
- Irregular periods and sometimes bleeding after menopause
- Abdomen swelling
- Frequent urination
- Loss of appetite
- Pain during sex
Diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer
After the physical examination the following tests are done to verify the presence of cancerous cells in the ovaries:
- Blood test: Ovaries generate a protein called CA125 which can be measured throughout a blood test. Typically, women have a low level of this hormone and if the level increases it shows that it is somewhat incorrect.
- Ultrasound: This test helps to get whether the ovaries are of the accurate size and texture and if there is any cyst structure in the ovaries. Also whether the cysts are cancerous or not.
- CT Scan: This test helps the doctor see the complete picture of the ovaries and to locate if cancer has spread to the other parts of the body or not.
- Chest X-ray: This scan is used to find out if cancer has spread to the lungs or not
- Laparoscopy: This test helps the doctor see the complete ovary and the areas around it and find out the level of cancer.
Other tests include PET, MRI, colonoscopy, etc.
You can reduce your ovarian cancer danger by:
- Birth control pills: Taking contraceptive pills is connected to reduce ovarian cancer risk. According to research, contraceptive pills include a hormone called progesterone that reduces the cancer danger.
- Having children: Women with 3-4 children have a very low risk of receiving cancer compared with women having no children.
- Breastfeeding: There is a link found between lowering cancer possibility and breastfeeding. Hence it’s advised to breastfeed for as long as you can.
- Painkillers: According to research, some painkillers like aspirin reduces the risk of ovarian cancer
Other factors that can reduce the risk consist of low-fat diet, removal of the uterus without removing the ovaries and getting your tubes joined.
Treatment of Ovarian Cancer
Most women with ovarian cancer are generally diagnosed in a higher stage where treatment options are restricted. Dr. Amol Dumbre is an expert Ovarian Cancer Surgeon in Pune and carefully plan the ovarian cancer treatment according to the type of cancer, a spread of the disease and common health of the patient. The treatment used is based on a therapy called Immunotherapy which uses the body’s immune system to identify and destroy the cancer cells. This is one of the most effective methods of ovarian cancer treatment in Pune. Women suffering at any stage, be it early or advanced stage. It can be treated by Immunotherapy with great success. Treatment may be used alone or in conjunction with other treatments such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, etc. Contact to Dr. Amol Dumbre for ovarian cancer treatment in Pune.